Marketing / Business Strategy
A clearly articulated and integrated marketing and business strategy is central to business growth and success. You need to continually ask:
- Where is your organisation today?
- Where do you want to be by the end of the year / next year?
- What will your organisation look like in five years’ time?
- What do you or your team need to do to get there?
But finding the answers and keeping focused on direction can be incredibly hard. It’s easy to talk broadly about strategy or strategies but much harder to pinpoint the detailed strategic issues that need to be addressed. You should also be asking:
- What is marketing and business strategy and do we know what ours is?
- If we have strategies, are they the right ones and does everyone agree on the,?
- Is strategy really driving the business or have we filed it away / forgotten about it?
- How are we going to decide on a strategy or agree a new one?
There are no short cuts to good strategy, but taking time out of the business to focus or re-focus will help you take control of it and build clarity of purpose and direction. I work with business owners, managers and their teams to facilitate the process of reviewing or developing strategy, building strategic thinking and increasing market orientation through bespoke combinations of away days, workshops, mentoring and training. I can also help businesses to develop and write their business strategies and supporting marketing strategies, and if needed help them to embed these within their organisations, working with individuals or teams to drive strategy and specific project initiatives forward.
What strategic areas can Lucy Rumble Associates assist with?
- Brand analysis and change
- Value chain/gap analysis to support business planning
- Market and customer analysis
- Competitor/position evaluation
- Repositioning / re-visioning
- Market strategy development and planning
- Support for specific marketing or business development projects
- Embedding and implementing strategy
- Message mapping